Chocolate, Chick Pea Mini-Cupcakes...and giving your heart away
What piece of your heart will the world hear today?
Will it be a gift of expressed gratitude you're giving away?
Or maybe a kind, helping hand to someone who's gone astray?
You've got something to give. Even on days you feel like you’ve lost all your luster or week’s that have worn you weary, you possess priceless pieces of your heart that are meant to be given away.
They are parts of you sown into the depths of your soul only you were created to give. You see, no one in this world has your quality of words or crafty ways. Those unique characteristics culminate to create what you can give away. And what’s more amazing is how giving away pieces of your heart and soul strengthens your character so much more!
So pluck a piece of your purpose right from your heart and hand it to someone in your path. Do it today.
Because there's nothing prettier than letting our Lord's love shine through our hearts and work through our hands. It’s His hand holding your heart and constantly creating your character and He’ll never allow you to lose yourself by scattering the kindness of your soul amply!
So, yeah, search your heart for what someone else needs. Open your soul for the stranger you see struggling. And use your hands to help a hurting friend. Gladly give it all away.....and feel your heart grow as grace replaces every gift you give.
Now, how are these lovely little, bite-sized indulgences related to what I just wrote to you? They’re really not…I just had to share a piece of what’s on my heart and how I think we can all change the world with the works of art in us.
These little tasty luxuries, it’s time to try them…yep, today! If they had heart, they’d be hiding some real soul nourishment in something that only seems like a simple sweet treat. Check out the ingredients to see why…yep, here’s a gift from my heart (or kitchen!) to yours.
All I'm saying is...try these! With a palate pleasing texture, sublty sweet cookie flavor and surprise ingredients that add tons of good nutrition, I just know you're going to love them!
- 2 cups chick peas (canned or soaked), drained and rinced
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (be sure to use certified gluten free if you desire a gluten free treat)
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup almond meal*
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (I prefer unprocessed Celtic Sea or Pink Himalayan)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar, preferably organic)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I use 65% cocoa Enjoy Life brand or chop an organic dark chocolate bar in pieces)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Use a non-stick mini-muffin pan or spray your pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put ALL of the ingredients into a food processor except the chocolate chips/pieces. Process well, until ingredients produce a smooth (with a little texture) 'batter'.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the batter into each mini-muffin cup. I like to use a large cookie scoop.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes (depending on your oven and how full your muffin cups are). Check for doneness with a toothpick. If it comes out with dry-ish crumbles, they are done. Let cool in pan for a couple minutes.
- Remove cupcakes to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store any you are not eating in the fridge or freezer (since they are made with chick peas, they cannot be stored at room temperature longer than a few hours).
- I like to remove them from the fridge or freezer and allow them to come to room temperature before eating them.
*You could use an additional ½ cup of chick peas if you don't have almond meal on hand. I just love the nutritional variety in having nuts and beans in this dish: makes for a complete protein.