Pumpkin Seed, Avocado, Herb Salad
I knew I had to save this one for my Members! It's something special in taste and nutrition.
This is one of those recipes that speaks for itself! I have been stuck on it for many lunches already and I love how it fills me up with nutritionally dense ingredients while providing a really awesome flavor combination. It's satisfying as a lunch yet light enough that I feel energetic after enjoying it.
I'd love for you to let me know what you think!
This is my favorite fall salad so far! I can't even begin to list all of the nutritional benefits but, believe me, it's packed! Pumpkin seeds for iron and protein, avocado for good fats, herbs for healing and immunity, mixed dark greens and even nutritional yeast for B vitamins. Nourishing and delicious...a perfectly palate pleasing salad!
- 2 cups mixed greens. I use a spring mix and toss in a little more spinach
- ½ of an avocado cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons raw, organic pumpkin seeds
- A few slices cucumber cut into small pieces
- Small handful fresh, organic cilantro (off the stalk)
- Small handful fresh, organic parsley (off the stalk)
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seed oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (to your taste preferences)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A shake or two of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Toss the greens, avocado, cucumber, herbs together in a bowl
- Top with pumpkin seeds and nutritional yeast. Give the salad another toss.
- Drizzle the oil, vinegar and add a touch of salt. Give it one more tiny toss.
- Enjoy! (and yes, I consider this a salad for one!)